Monday, June 22, 2015

Litfuse Review: A More Christlike God by:Bradley Jersak

A More Christlike God: A More Beautiful Gospel
About the Book:
What is God like? Toxic images abound: God the punishing judge, the deadbeat dad, the genie in a bottle—false gods that need to be challenged. 
But what if, instead, God truly is completely Christlike? What if His love is more generous, his Cross more powerful, and his gospel more beautiful than we’ve dared to imagine? What if our clearest image of God is the self-giving, radically forgiving, co-suffering Love revealed on the Cross? What if we had 'A More Christlike God'? 

My Review:
 I have come to a point in my life of complete and total surrender. Whatever it takes, whatever God wants--I'm there. I haven't always been that way, in fact it took a lot of sacrifice to get to this point. I can tell you from personal experience it does not come easy, in fact it is very difficult to stay the course. The great thing about the Father is He is always waiting, ready, and accepting when we finally do turn our lives over to Him. Do we deserve His Almighty power and grace? Absolutely not! We deserve none of it, yet He gives selflessly and completely--He loves us that much.

 In A More Christlike God, we learn the ins and outs of the gospel more clearly and how it works as applied to our lives. This book is an in depth study that is somewhat long and drawn out but I personally think it has to be to firmly wrap your brain around it all. Very in depth and honest the author arrives at that place of complete surrender and reveals  a more beautiful gospel.

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from Litfuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment