Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Mosaics Review: A Light For My Path



 
Apologia has released a very fun;yet, very poignant book for our little ones starting to learn the alphabet. A Light For My Path is an ABC book based on the 119th Psalm. Getting its name as the longest psalm in the book of Psalms, there are many verses taken from this psalm that many people use in just every day discussions about the Bible or focused around that. Such as "You are my refuge and my shield, I have put my hope in your word,etc. Even the title of the book was taken from Psalm 119:105.

logo (2)
 This wonderful book written by Davis Carman, has several unique highlights that not all similar books have. The first one that we are made aware of is that in each picture you will find a familiar element that is highlighted in the pages before it, for example on the "D" page you will find a caterpillar that you would of seen on the "C" page preceding it. My youngest loved this element so much that it wasn't long before he was trying to find each object. In the back of the book the whole119th Psalm is listed along with the Hebrew alphabet which is also a nice added touch.

 Our youngest really enjoyed the book, he is just starting to learn the alphabet. He really liked looking in each of the pictures to find the insect, animal, or plant that was in the previous picture. As a mom I loved this book for a number of reasons first it is based on the Bible, secondly because it is teaching my baby his alphabet and how it is related to God's word, and I loved the fact that the book is a meaty book.

This book is available to purchase here for $14.00 and is geared for those children learning the alphabet.

If you would like to read more reviews on this very delightful book you can do so at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment