Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Review: From the Pen of Pastor Paul by:Daniel R. Hyde

From the Pen of Pastor Paul
About the Book:
We hear about it regularly: pastors resigning the ministry, people leaving their churches, churches splitting because of internal discord, and Christians fighting against one another. Paul's letters to the Thessalonians open up his pastoral heart and theology in a way that addresses contemporary church
life, and here Daniel Hyde presents warm exposition with careful application. This is a fine commentary, but it is much more: any Christian will gain from reading the Thessalonian letters alongside this book.

My Review:
 Paul was so many things and we can add to the list church planter. He was a great encourager and man of God.We can use the words he penned even today. The author shares his commentary and deep thorough study on two seemingly unimportant books of the Bible or two that somehow get lost in the shuffle--1 & 2 Thessalonians. One of my favorite verses from 2 Thessalonians 3:13--Do not grow weary in doing good. It is a verse I have come to rely on the past couple of years. especially when being a servant has become somewhat stale.

 I really like the author's point of view on these books. I also feel that many of his points will help my husband and I as we embark on ministry. We struggle sometimes on the encouraging end of things. The author tells us that one of Paul's main points was to persevere. I also liked his point of not coming off to the congregation as privileged. This is something my husband and I try to obtain. Being authentic and transparent is how we want to be remembered. Our spiritual integrity also will factor into this. It is very important to a congregation that we meet them where they are at.

 Magnificent book and ministry tool! We plan on relying on this book quite a bit throughout the ministry we are trying to get off the ground.

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment