Monday, February 22, 2016

Review: WIGU: When I Grow Up I Want to Be...A Good Person

514jis6k75L._SX346_BO1,204,203,200_
About the Book:
Blake and Brendan would do almost anything to get out of going to Mr. Becket’s funeral. It will be boring and sad—and dead people are scary! There might even be ghosts! But Mom and Dad insist. Mr. Becket was a good person, and it is right to gather with his family and friends to remember him and all the good things he did. So what’s so good about remembering a dead person? A lot. Readers learn with Blake and Brendan what it means to be a good person and all the ways a good person makes a difference in people’s lives, even long after they’re gone.

My Review:
 The When I Grow Up series teaches our children a lot about real life. The latest book in the series is When I Grow Up I Want to Be...A Good Person. In this the latest addition to the series, Blake and Brendan are suppose to go to a funeral and they are really weirded out by the whole thing. As the boys experience the funeral and run into some old friends and neighbors they start to see that there isn't really much to this "funeral stuff".

 The boys learn that Mr. Becket was a good person and they hear many stories about him and decide that they want to be a good person too. So you and your child can follow along and read what happens next.

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment