Saturday, April 9, 2016

Review: The Most Excellent Way to Lead by:Perry Noble

 The Most Excellent Way to Lead: Discover the Heart of Great Leadership
About the Book:
Speakers often use the words "vision," "boldness," and "influence" to describe the characteristics of effective leaders. Perry Noble, in "The Most Excellent Way to Lead," makes the case that the heart of great leadership lies elsewhere. Perry, despite "winning" the label "least likely to succeed" in high school, beat the odds against him. Today, he inspires thirty-five thousand people every weekend to live for something greater than themselves. He credits this achievement to the leadership principles he has learned from the Bible. Surprisingly, the essence of leadership that produces genuine growth is buried in a Bible chapter often read at weddings. In this groundbreaking book, Perry walks us through that leadership chapter, describing the fifteen qualities of an inspirational leader.Whether you are an entrepreneur or a new parent, this book will encourage you to see every opportunity in life as a chance to lead in the "most excellent way."

My Review:
 Leadership especially in the church is a very hard thing as it is but throw in the word effective and it is probably going to be the hardest thing you could ever do. In our church I was finding that I was not loving the people of our church like I should. And every way that I turned it seemed I loved them less and less. It was very upsetting to me beyond words because I knew that being my husband and I are called into the ministry that we would definitely have to rise above and love the unlovable. I tried everything on my own--I even tried the whole well if I could just find one good thing about that person that would make it easier. But to no avail God was making it apparent that this alone is something only He can do in me and through me.

 I still have days that I don't love them so much, but God is trying to change that in me and I'm glad because who would ever want a leader that doesn't love them? Perry Noble's book is spot on and should be given to every leader no matter what season of leadership you are in. He takes all of his principles from scripture and it is the best way to lead others effectively.

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment