Thursday, June 8, 2017

Litfuse Review: Stepping on Cheerios by:Betsy Singleton Snyder

 Stepping on Cheerios: Finding God in the Chaos and Clutter of Life
About the Book:
Being a mother isn't easy. Sometimes it's hard to experience a personal connection with God and community when you are caught up in the chaos of just -doing family-.
Independent and self-sufficient, author Betsy Singleton Snyder lived a full and busy life as a pastor, missionary, and wife to a husband who served in the U.S. House of Representatives. She had her first child at age 44, then at 47, she found out she was carrying triplets. Suddenly finding herself overwhelmed is an understatement. 


Stepping on Cheerios is a collection of funny, warm, and charming tales from the front-lines of parenthood, written for women who are juggling to accomplish everyday feats of work, motherhood, marriage, church, and more. It's a comical story of one woman's realization that her crazy life is a gift and how she found the grace in it.


My Review:
 Stepping on Cheerios is a mom read, for sure. The author gets mom life better than I do. She shares her struggles with daily life vs. God time. I totally get where she is coming from. Because I have on more than one occasion had a very difficult time fitting Him into my life which I realize should be the other way around.

 I really loved reading about another moms life for a change. It sounds similar to mine. I can say probably similar to most other moms. Just this month I have had a child that was in an accident, and a child that has been diagnosed with a spine condition and enough insurance read tape with both that I wanted to vomit. BUT, through all the life crazies God is still God and His promises hold true and always will. That one fact alone keeps me hanging on for dear life through the chaos and clutter.

 The author has done a great job of encouraging us moms. Whether old pros at this or newbie mothers, there is a lot to be gained from Stepping on Cheerios.

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment