Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Review: My First Day of School by:Michelle Medlock Adams

My First Day of School
About the Book:
In this lively board book, a young boy starts his first day of school not knowing what to expect. Follow along as he explores his classroom, makes new friends, and enjoys all the creative and interesting activities school can offer. My First Day of School helps first-time students, from preschoolers to kindergartners, understand what happens at school, while providing parents the opportunity to answer questions their child may have. An enthusiastic narrator and bright, cheerful illustrations will have first-time students eagerly anticipating their first day of school.

My Review:
 The first day of school is almost upon us and most children aren't really looking forward to it. I bet it is safe to say most of the older children don't. But those small babies look so forward to this day. The get a new hair cut and new clothes. They get to go to this fun new place and meet so many new people. Their world is growing by leaps and bounds just like they are. My kiddos are at the age where they would love to do anything else that you ask, except for school.

 But, Sam he is different. He is overjoyed at the prospect of starting school and all the new fun things he will do while he is there. My First Day of School documents Sam's whole first day start to finish. He and his classmates are eager to learn and love their teacher.

 Michelle Medlock Adams, has written a delightful book perfect for preschool to kindergarten aged children to read and enjoy. She initiates all of the firsts for school age children. Especially all the new things they get to partake in such as hair cuts, clothing and school supplies. Sam is a fun character full of inquisitiveness and is eager to learn. A great read aloud for my son!

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment