Friday, September 1, 2017

Review: Slow Down: Embracing the Everyday Moments of Motherhood by:Nichole Nordeman

 Slow Down
About the Book:
The days are long, but the years are short.

No matter if it’s your child’s first step, first day of school, or first night tucked away in a new dorm room away from home, there comes a moment when you realize just how quickly the years are flying by. Christian music artist Nichole Nordeman’s profound lyrics in her viral hit “Slow Down” struck a chord with moms everywhere, and now this beautiful four-color book will inspire you to celebrate the everyday moments of motherhood.

Filled with thought-provoking writings from Nichole, as well as guest writings from friends including Shauna Niequist and Jen Hatmaker, practical tips, and journaling space for reflection, Slow Down will be a poignant gift for any mom, as well as a treasured keepsake.

Take a few moments to reflect and celebrate the privilege of being a parent and getting to watch your little ones grow—and Slow Down.


My Review:
 This book come to me at a point in my life that it needed to, I guess. It came when one of my older children were fighting me for independence and I'm feel like they should try harder to be independent but still hold on to the morals that were taught them.

 When do we as parents come to grips that we are no longer in control of our children? When do we go say you know what my hands are off of this? There is a world out there ready to gobble them up and its real hard as a parent to allow them to go off in it and its hard to decide how hard to hold on.

 The author has written a book of encouragement for those moms that seem like they can never do anything right with their kids. That no matter what they do, its all wrong. Nichole writes true statements from the heart. They really hit home with my mommy moments and I know it could work for you to. Each chapter has questions to ponder and space to write.

 Great coffee table book or a baby shower gift!

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment