Saturday, September 16, 2017

Review: Whisper: How to Hear the Voice of God by:Mark Batterson

 Whisper: How to Hear the Voice of God
About the Book:
The best-selling author of Circle Maker, which helped over 2 million people learn to talk to God, now helps readers learn how to listen to God.
The voice that spoke the cosmos into existence is the same voice that parted the Red sea, and made the sun stand still in the midday sky. One day, this voice will make all things new, but it's also speaking to you now!

That voice is God's voice, and what we've learned from Scripture is that He often speaks in a whisper. Not to make it difficult to hear Him, but to draw us close.

Many people have a tough time believing God still speaks. Sure, in ancient times and in mysterious ways, God spoke to His people, but is He still speaking now?

Mark Batterson certainly believes so. And he wants to introduce you to the seven love languages of God; each of them unique and entirely divine. Some of them you might suspect but others will surprise you.

By learning to tune in to and decipher each language, you'll be able to hear His guidance in simple as well as life-altering choices. God is actively speaking through: Scripture, Desires, Doors, Dreams, People, Promptings, and Pain. Batterson gives you the tools you need to unlock each of these languages.

God's whisper can answer your most burning questions, calm your deepest fears, and fulfill your loftiest dreams.

Discover how simple it is to hear God's voice in every aspect of your life!

He's speaking, make sure you know how to listen!


My Review:
 Listening is not always as easy as it sounds. Hearing isn't either. I have been a Christian for many, many years. I didn't really have a one on one relationship--an intimate one with Him until I was much older. It wasn't until then that I could actually hear Him speak to my spirit. Intimacy with God is such a good thing and as you can see and read in whisper it is necessary. The closer you get to Him the more gifts you will receive. I didn't get closer to Him in order to receive such gifts. I did because I longed to.

 We talk to God, many of us multiple times in a day. Some days I know I wouldn't of survived if I hadn't had this relationship with Him. In my heart and soul I know that I know that He is the ONLY one that understands me, understands my issues in life, and understands my daily struggles. I don't believe that is luck or that I'm especially blessed or anything like that. I earnestly seek Him and search Him out. Many days I have to have and I rely on this relationship because I am in desperate need of Him.

 Mark spoke of many things in the book that could interfere with "hearing" His voice. Many of which in my 30 some odd years of following Him I have experienced. I know many times the number one reason that I don't hear from Him is not spending enough time with Him. Another reason is that I am in the way. I am a type A personality. If I see there is a problem I set about fixing it, never giving any thought to His direction or will. God can't work like that.

 Mark offers up suggestions to get us on the right path on hearing from God. He introduces you to the seven things that God delights in. A great way to start on this journey. Based on scripture and Mark's commentary on the matter you will be on the right path to hear from Him. He relys on scripture first and foremost but he also supplies many accounts of this often overlooked communication with the Lord.

To learn more about this fascinating subject, here is the link or this link. It won't be available until October 24th, but you can pre-order today. Just order from your favorite retailer and then go HERE to fill out the form to advantage of an amazing gift offer.

 Overall, a great read on the subject!

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment