Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Review: The Sugarcreek Surprise by:Wanda Brunstetter

 The Sugarcreek Surprise

**Disclosure**This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

About the Book:

Book 2 in the Creektown Discoveries series. 
Antique Store Owners Offer Romance Advice to a Smitten Carpenter

Welcome to Sugarcreek, Ohio, where the Amish schoolteacher has a determined admirer. Tragically losing her parents as a child, Lisa Miller has grown up being afraid of loving and losing. She dedicates herself to teaching at an Amish schoolhouse and helping the grandparents who raised her, all the while avoiding the advances of newcomer Paul Herchberger. Paul enjoys antiques and meets Orley Troyer while looking for unique old milk bottles at yard sales. Orley and his wife offer prayers and advice as Paul tries to reach Lisa’s closed heart. But when secrets are revealed, will Lisa use them as an excuse to close herself off again?

My Review:

 So let me start this review by saying that I am not new to Amish fiction, it is one of my favs. I also am not new to Wanda Brunstetter. I have reviewed several of her books and cookbooks. She is precious! Okay, lets dig in!

 Lisa is doing a great job of protecting her heart when Paul literally falls in her lap. She isnt looking for romance, as a matter of fact it is the furthest thing from her mind at this point. Yet Paul ever so patiently persists. He even goes as far as to talk to the Orley and Lois. He is really interested in Lisa and would love a chance to spend some time with her. But he quickly learns that wont be so easy.

 Just like its previous addition this series is proving to be a lot of fun to read and get to know the characters better.

A great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment