Monday, December 12, 2022

Review: On MyHonor by:Patty Smith Hall

 On My Honor (Heroines of WWII)

About the Book:

A Girl Scout Troop Joins the Battle of the Atlantic
 
Full of intrigue, adventure, and romance, this new series celebrates the unsung heroes—the heroines of WWII.
 
Ginny Mathis had no intention of staying rooted in the Outer Banks—then war broke out. While working as a clerk for Oregon Inlet ferry, naval officers ask her to be watchful for German U-boats reportedly spotted in the area. To help occupy her younger sister, Ginny enlists the Girl Scout troop she leads to help watch for suspicious activity. Soon the girls are sneaking around, hiding a shipwreck survivor. Ginny must take charge, but is this man the enemy, or does he hold secrets that could turn the tide of the Battle of the Atlantic in the allies’ favor?

My Review:

 Can I just say, this book was a lot of fun?! It was the sweetest sentiment, in my opinion for the lead character to enlist the Girl Scout troop that shes a leader of to help watch for German U-boats. I loved that aspect of the story! When things like that happen in a story it gives it a different feel than most novels. It almost felt like a made for TV movie. I loved it!

 According to many internet searches I was able to understand that the Germans were hard at work in the late 1930's and early 1940's to take our supply ports out and manage to sink 100 or more in the process. Something that I should of realized being that my grandfather fought in WWI and my dad fought in WWII. So this book was an eye opener to that fact. But realizing that the attack on Pearl Harbor pretty much summed it up that our entire country was vulnerable so I'm not surprised by any of it.

 Ginny's story was one of bravery and inspiration and I know that had to be many unsung heroes of WWII that were female. I loved the storyline and this series is beyond amazing!


**Disclosure**This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the publisher. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment