Monday, September 16, 2024

Review: Out of the Shawdows: My Life Inside the Wild World of Hunter Biden by:Lunden Roberts

 

About the Book:

The tell-all memoir of Lunden Roberts's tumultuous relationship with Hunter Biden.

“He was sitting there wearing nothing but parrot boxer briefs, organizing his crack pipes on his Rosemont Seneca desk, with the Obama’s senate seat behind him, and I thought, this is definitely a guy I want to get to know better.”
That was the first time Lunden Roberts met Hunter Biden. She had come to DC from Arkansas to escape the yoke of her mother’s overbearing expectations. Hunter radiated the “live-for-the-moment” energy she sought. What followed from that first meeting was a wild journey that would come to define Lunde’s young life in ways she never could’ve from cooking crack in the kitchen of Rosemont Seneca, to strip clubs where Hunter was the one on the pole, to stories that make the laptop debacle seem every day, to giving birth to the grudgingly acknowledged grandchild of the sitting President of the United States.
When a hailstorm of media hit, painting Lunden as a stripper and one-night stand, Lunden retreated to Arkansas to live in the shadows. She’s ready to set the record straight. Her book is a sweetly raw, tell-all memoir of the crazy year she met and dated Hunter, and the chaotic, secret life that followed of mothering and protecting the nation’s first granddaughter.

My Review:

 Ummm well, this book was not quite what I expected. Most of the beginning kept referring to a lot of drug abuse and well just silly theatrics that don't quite fit a girl that I feel, was just too old to behaving the way she did. But that is neither here nor there, as my husband says. So lets get to the meat of it. 

 I think the author was intrigued by Hunter Biden and couldn't believe he would do such things, so much so that she followed on his escapades just to see what he would do next. Did she plot to get pregnant in order to cash in on him? Im not sure. 

 I saying anything bad but the book did lack substance unless you consider story after story just about drinking and drugs and partying. I was very bored early on and I'm not quite sure why the book was written. Im not sure I would want the world to know these things.

 So my review will reflect that I'm just not sure on this one. Im stumped actually.

**Disclosure**This book was sent to me free of charge for honest review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment