Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Review: Survey of Astronomy (Curriculum Pack)


About the Product:
Step onto the moon as you begin a powerful educational journey through the universe! From the barren moon to the farthest galaxies we can see, you will learn about the facts and wonders of this marvel of creation. Teams solid science with a biblical perspective to answer important questions about the stars, planets, and the place of Earth in this vast expanse!
Lesson
Planner
  • Weekly Lesson Schedule
  • Student Worksheets
  • Quizzes & Test
  • Answer Key
10th - 12th Grade
1 Year
Astronomy
1 Credit
Package Includes:
My Review:
 My kiddos are fascinated with space and space travel their mom on the other hand can do without it and thank you for it. But I digress. Master Books thankfully, has their act together putting together the curriculum packs you need to turn your kids loose on those subjects that fascinate them to no end.

 These curriculum packs have been my saving grace. The contain everything you need to teach your children. They also provide you a planner and the planner is very flexible, as it should be. So I can be hands on or I can take a more relaxed approach which relaxed for me is the way to go because I homeschool several different children with differing grade levels. Perfect for your high school aged child trying to earn credits.

 I have listed about what all is in the curriculum pack and I will talk about my most favorites. I really enjoyed the two DVDs included to help further the Astronomy teaching they are not very long at all and I anticipate will take us long to watch. Our Created Moon is 39 minutes long and Created Cosmos is only 23 minutes long. These DVDs are very informative and help your child with visualization of Astronomy.

 Our all time favorite in this pack was The Stargazer's Guide to the Night Sky. This huge book contains beautiful photography and great explanations. The only thing missing from this awesome curriculum pack is a high powered telescope. It can even get an uninterested person like me interested and that's saying a lot!

Retail price is $84.32 and the here is the link.

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from Master Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment