Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Review: An Appalachian Summer by Ann H. Gabhart

 An Appalachian Summer
 **Disclosure**This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the publisher. All opinions are my own.

About the Book:
In 1933, most people are focused on the Great Depression but all Piper Danson can think about is how to get out of being a debutante and marrying Braxton Crandall. In an act of defiance, Piper volunteers as a frontier nursing courier in the Appalachian Mountains where adventure awaits.

My Review:
 I have often been asked by my children what period do you wish you could of grew up in and one of the times I always say is during the '20's or '30's. Even though it was a time of great hunger and poverty, I believe it was a time of simplicity that our world hasnt seen in quite a long time and that we could use right about now. It was a time that made people humble.

 Piper is such a strong willed girl, nothing and no one can stand in her way. She sees this time as a time of great promise and direct for her life and an impromptu wedding--she doesn't have time for. She feels like life is passing her by and that she wants to do something big with her life. She is restless and needs this for herself. So she does something big and it impacts the lives of many.

A great story!

No comments:

Post a Comment