Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Review: A Reckless Love by Beth White

 A Reckless Love (Daughtry House, #3)
**Disclosure**This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the publisher. All opinions are my own.

About the Book:
 On the trail of an elusive enemy, cynical, war-damaged lawman Zane Sager crosses paths once more with Aurora Daughtry, the vivacious Mississippi belle he once admired from a distance. As his defenses start to crumble, the criminal he's been pursuing reminds him that that no one he loves is safe. Ever.

My Review:
 The Civil War era stories are very fascinating to me. Growing up in the south and now living here and raising my family here it just really intrigues me to learn more about the souls that inhabited that time frame. It was a devastating time for all, that is completely understood. The time period not to mention the war took on a life of its own. But soon it was a liberating time for our country as well as the slavery that took place then.

 Unfortunately, crime didnt take a backseat to all the craziness going on, but it rarely does. This book and story spares no expense giving you the raw details of the time. Then with threads of a love story woven within its pages. It makes for a great summer read, thats for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment