Thursday, May 17, 2012

Planning for Next School Year

I would like to share with all of you what we normally choose for curriculum. This may get updated through the beginning of the year because I tend to add to it or take away. For my little guys this is pretty simple. They are in primary grades. So easy fix there. But my daughter is in 10th grade so it is a little more difficult. I will post more of her curriculum later in the summer. But for now my boys. They do share Science,History,Bible. And as far as Math and Language Arts.
School Year 2012-13
 4th Grader
 
Math- Horizons 4 (alpha omega)
Language- God's Gift of Language A (abeka)
Science- Understanding God's World (abeka) 
History- A Child's Story of America (christian liberty press)
Bible- Values to Grow By Companion Curriculum (big idea)
Various Lapbooks,Thematic Units, & readers

2nd Grader

Math- Horizons 2 (alpha omega)
Language- Language 2 (abeka)
Science- Understanding God's World (abeka)
History- A Child's Story of America (christian liberty press)
Bible-  Values to Grow By Companion Curriculum (big idea)
Various  Lapbooks, Thematic Units, &readers

To supplement History and Science I add to it by reading to them out of these books:
Christian Liberty Nature Reader Book 4
Children of the Covered Wagon
Finding a New Land
Stories of the Pilgrims

This is usually enough to keep us very busy throughout the year. I always try to do something fun for Bible and this year it is watching Veggie Tales . I found a curriculum guide to go along with them on CBD (link above) that I thought would work out great. So we are very excited! And I also found some Lapbooks to go along with them too at A Journey Through Learning  Here is the link for them:
http://www.ajourneythroughlearning.net/vewala.html
It was the only one I saw so I may have to do some more digging.
So that is our year in a nutshell. Have you started planning your year yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment