Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Review: The Art&Science of Healing with Light by:Dr. Mark Rogers

The Art and Science of Healing, with Light
About the Book:
Chronic pain has reached epidemic proportions but it is not a disease. Chronic pain is a genuine physical problem and its epidemic is being spread by the very treatments the doctors are prescribing. Over thirty percent of patients across the world present with back, neck, or head pain, the majority of whom are in chronic pain, but all doctors offer is a prescription for painkillers and a referral for intensive physical therapy. The patients never improve, in fact they get worse. Instead of receiving empathy and understanding they are often accused of being dishonest about the severity of their pain. Some are even sent for psychotherapy. 'The Art and Science of Healing - with Light' breaks that vicious cycle. Within it is explained to patients how they developed chronic pain in the first place and how to begin to heal their migraines, back pain, neck pain, tinnitus, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and all forms of chronic pain in general.

Doctor Mark Rogers bases the healing process on his 7 Principles of Healing Chronic Pain. His methods are all based in science, are common sense, pain free, drug free, have no painful exercises, and no 'mind over matter' meditations for coping because the problem is not in the mind of the patients, it is in their bodies at a deep cellular level. The 7 Principles have a conservative efficacy of eighty-five percent. As long as the Principles are followed the patient will heal. It is the medical system that is keeping patients in pain through ignoring the origin of the pain. Pain is not a mystery, it is not a disease, it means you are being hurt. Chronic pain means you are still being hurt. Written in a clear easy to read style with minimal medical jargon it is designed to give patients control over their healing processes so they can start healing today.

My Review:
 I know for myself, I suffer with chronic pain and so far none of the doctors that have examined me can find an explanation for it. I have been told to go to a chiropractor, a foot doctor, and the last doctor said my next stop should be an orthopedic doctor to get tested for arthritis. I have tried everything for my pain and nothing has gotten rid of it. I am a 40 year old woman with the hopes of living at least 40 more years but I don't want to be in constant pain as a result.

 The author offers those of us in my situation and in similar situations hope in the endeavor to find relief. I do know for myself eating non inflammatory foods has helped me a lot. It didn't get rid of all the pain but it did lessen it and it seems to give me a little more control over it. The doctor provides 7 principles for us to try in the hopes of helping us gain freedom from constant and chronic pain.

 He has listed several things to help that do not involve a lot of money or time, so this book is a keeper and well worth reading!

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from Pump Up Your Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment