Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Review: My Life as an Amish Wife by:Lena Yoder

My Life as an Amish Wife: A Diary
About the Book:
"After three hours of chores, breakfast, phone calls, and getting mail ready, it was 9:30 by the time I got to sewing. I sewed three blouses before noontime."

As an Amish wife and mother of six, Lena Yoder has plenty of ways to fill her time.

"I helped with the afternoon milking, baked two different kinds of cakes, made two pizzas, and got everybody ready to take supper to school for the teachers."

But amid the endless tasks to complete and challenges to overcome, Lena's simple joy and deep faith are ever present in these brief, first-person accounts.

"I am thoroughly enjoying these days at home...Our family is filled with love...I could never list everything I am thankful for."

These unassuming glimpses of Amish life will touch your heart and inspire you to seek the simple things--a loving family, a good day's work, and a grateful heart.

My Review:
 I'm fascinated with the Amish life. Their lives are so simplistic and full of live, I really envy them. Dedicated to God is something I know they have ingrained into them at a very early age and I find that facet of of their life equally fascinating, as well. Lena Yoder wrote something that was real and perfect for something refreshing to read.

 Lena gives us a fascinating look into her day to day and she also adds her thoughts as well. But the part I think I enjoyed the most were the fantastic recipes, absolutely mouth watering. This book opens the door to that simple life and invites you in. so grab a cup of tea and sit awhile watch the author's life unfold before your very eyes. I promise you will not be disappointed.

 I was deeply moved and encouraged by the author's note in the beginning of the book. She wrote it so lovingly and sweet. She gave the reason for writing this book as a way of showing "how Christ's love and strength help us through our daily lives". Beautiful book that was so very interesting! I look forward to many, many more!

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment