Monday, February 22, 2016

Review: Messed Up Men of the Bible by:Samples/Samples

Messed Up Men of the Bible
About the Book:
From schlubby sitcom heroes to mommy blogs to online articles, there is a broad cultural perception that men constantly mess up and women must fight an uphill battle to fix them. Men are a burden, constant works-in-progress, pushed toward perfection but always falling short. This book asks a revolutionary question: What if these messed-up men are actually a mighty tool for God?

Tina and Dave Samples remind us that the Bible is filled with a cast of messed-up men--men who struggled and fell, and yet were used by God to accomplish His purposes. In fact, God has consistently chosen imperfect "clay pots" in which to place His light.

David was a poor father. Peter had problems with integrity. Moses had anger issues, Gideon struggled with fear, and Elijah suffered from depression--the list goes on. "Messed Up Men of the Bible" offers encounters with these ancient men who faced the same emotions and questions that contemporary men face, in order to reveal fresh spiritual insights and hope for modern relationships. Through personal stories, practical advice, and useful exercises, Tina and Dave provide encouragement and hope for women dealing with the messed-up men in their own lives.

My Review:
 What a great read!

 An encouraging read for the women that are involved with messed up men. The authors included some really great examples to learn from, as well. So the authors assist us in trying to find our way out of the darkness or out of the places we hide to stay away from and not confront the men in our lives. It is hard trying to move beyond the fear. I know because I'm working through that right now with my husband. Specifically other relationships in my life that I deemed insignificant. Not because of my lack of investing but because of the lack of others not investing. I finally decided it was time to move on and stop investing. I actually felt a huge wait life off of me when I allowed myself to do this.

 I have to trust God in every aspect of my life even my relationships. And even though some of those seem pretty harmless they can actually be very damaging to yourself and your own spirituality. It is not our place to fix the men in our lives, it is God's and many times He will use that man in your life to fix you. God's ways are very multi-faceted. He always has many things going on at once and He has many agendas as well with each person.

 Messed Up Men of the Bible is a great book with many good examples. The authors were very well researched in their findings and I learned a lot from the book.

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment