Monday, May 30, 2016

Review: The Breath of Peace by:Penelope Wilcock

 The Breath of Peace (The Hawk and the Dove #7)
About the Book:
Madeleine Hazell and William de Bulmer have been married a year.

She is a healer, a wise woman, practical, intelligent and blunt. He is not only an ex-monk, but an ex-abbot, a man accustomed to authority, a gifted administrator, at home with figures – but perhaps less capable in such matters as shutting up chickens for the night. They are deeply, irrevocably in love. And every conversation may become a battlefield that leaves both wounded and resentful.

When the aged monk who served as cellarer dies, Father John, the Abbot of nearby St Alcuin’s Abbey, finds himself critically short-handed. Who will handle the rents? The provisions? He is a gifted infirmarian, a capable leader, but estate management is beyond his competence. With a sense of rising panic he turns to his friend, the man who renounced his vows for love, the former Father William – only to find that his own pastoral skills may be required in matters matrimonial …

This is the seventh novel in the St Alcuin’s Abbey series, which began with The Hawk and the Dove.

 
My Review:
 I laughed as I read because the two main characters Madeleine and William. Their dialogue reminds me a lot of my husband and I, especially when William said that he never thought a person could argue without a second person involved in the conversation. Very funny! I have done this very thing. William wants to be a god friend and help a friend from the past and his wife is doing the neighborly thing and at the same time helping her husband.

 But as we all know as we grow older, taking us from the comforts of our own home and responsibilities is more than a little nerve wracking to say the least. The amount of help that the two of them have to lend out can cause some little "tiffs" along the way, but I truly believe that they will survive it just fine.

 A beautiful story and series that I really enjoyed!

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment