Monday, October 17, 2016

Litfuse Review: Cold-Case Christianity for Kids by:J Wallace/S. Wallace

 Cold-Case Christianity for Kids: Investigate Jesus with a Real Detective
About the Book:
 Between the ages of 8 and 12, kids often start to wonder if Christianity is true. In Cold-Case Christianity for Kids, detective J. Warner Wallace draws readers into the thrill of high-stakes investigation by showing them how to think rather than telling them what to think. In this children's companion to the bestselling Cold-Case Christianity, detective Wallace gets kids excited about testing witnesses, examining the evidence, and investigating the case for Christianity.

 Includes author illustrations and links to a website (coldcasechristianityforkids.com) where kids can download activities, fill in case notes, and earn a certificate of merit. Detective Wallace gets kids excited about testing witnesses, examining the evidence, and investigating the case for Christianity.
 
My Review:
 I tried to explain God's presence to my 6 year old the other day and it didn't go so well. Mainly, because it is hard for his little mind to comprehend the expansion of God and how He exists. Some things on my own journey are hard to explain. I can only imagine it is the same if not worse for my son and other children. It is almost they borrow our faith until they can come to their own conclusions and decisions about God and who He is.

 So this book entitled,  Cold-Case Christianity for Kids is written by a real detective and I have to say it is a real neat little book that I think 8-12 year olds will enjoy thoroughly. It takes you to a real briefing room and it gives you a few characters to follow on their investigation of Jesus. From testing witnesses to examining evidence this book will take the case of Jesus and all His glory to a whole other level for our children to not only enjoy but to learn more about the Creator and what role He needs to play in their lives.

 My 11 year old son is very excited to dig into the book. He enjoys mysteries even ones he feels he knows the answers to. If this book turns into a series I know none of us will be disappointed. It is a very thorough book and our family loves it.

 The author produces us with a very current and relevant text for our time. I love teaching my children even more about Jesus and this book can help me achieve just that.

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment