Monday, March 13, 2017

Litfuse Review: Unchained by:Moal Jesse Heikkinen

 Unchained: If Jesus Has Set Us Free, Why Don't We Feel Free?
About the Book:
 Often when people follow Jesus, they feel more guilty instead of more free. A powerful book for the spiritually restless, Unchained shows readers how to have a robust faith that celebrates their freedom in Christ without compromising their holiness as God’s followers.

Unchained turns to the person and work of Jesus Christ as the source of freedom—not just his work 2,000 years ago but also what he is doing today. As readers dig into the meaning of the freedom that Jesus offers, they will understand, perhaps for the first time, what true freedom in Christ means.


My Review:
 Ya know, Christ takes us by the hand and He can walk us through some really ugly painful stuff. I know that He is usually in the mist of my ugly especially when I get you should really apologize to her. Luckily, He gives me the option to do it in a letter mainly because I'm a big chicken and I would cry more than talk if I were to actually have a conversation with a person that has harmed me in some way. Thank God, my Father knows this about me and He gives me that little bit to hang on to. That little bit of personal safety. He allows me space to do what He asks. I'm so incredibly blessed that He does this for me.

 But what I have learned after being a Christian for over 20 years is that sometimes those hurts that He has forgiven us of we kind of hold on to them. Maybe it was because the pain has become part of us or that we can't get past it, but being in bondage is something that as a Christian you will learn is the devil's playground not God's. God has most definitely come to give us a much needed freedom that we will not find anywhere else. It's hard to accept that freedom after being brow beat by the devil for so long but God offers it to us freely with no strings attached.

 In Noel Heikkinen's book, Unchained we learn what it's like to truly be free from our burdens and to never pick them up again. We learn that God does not offer us freedom that is superficial but a freedom that is long lasting and will stand the test of time. God our redeemer will redeem us as well as our failures.

 This book is a really good one to remind us of who we are in Christ!

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author. All opinions are my own.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment