Thursday, April 6, 2017

Litfuse Review: NKJV The Woman's Study Bible by:Thomas Nelson

The NKJV, Woman's Study Bible, Full-Color, Ebook: Receiving God's Truth for Balance, Hope, and Transformation
About the Book:

The Woman’s Study Bible poignantly reveals the Word of God to women, inviting them to receive God’s truth for balance, hope, and transformation. Special features designed to speak to a woman’s heart appear throughout the Bible text, revealing Scripture-based insights about how godly womanhood grows from a woman’s identity as a Christ-follower and a child of the Kingdom.

Now with a beautiful full-color redesign, The Woman’s Study Bible reflects the contributions of over 80 women from a wide variety of ethnic, denominational, educational, and occupational backgrounds. Since the publication of the first edition of The Woman’s Study Bible under the editorial guidance of Dorothy Kelley Patterson and Rhonda Harrington Kelley, this landmark study Bible has sold over 1.5 million copies.

Features Include:


Beautiful full-color design throughout
Detailed biographical portraits of over 100 biblical women
Thousands of extensive verse-by-verse study notes
Over 300 in-text topical articles on relevant issues
Insightful essays by women who are recognized experts in the fields of theology, biblical studies, archaeology, and philosophy
Book introductions and outlines
Hundreds of full-color in-text maps, charts, timelines, and family trees
Quotes from godly women throughout history
Set of full-page maps of the biblical world
Topical index
Concordance

My Review:
 To have a Bible especially geared towards being a woman is really a great thing. I know most of you are saying to yourself, "Whats so special about it, its just a Bible?" To me, its something that will speak directly to me much more than just an ordinary Bible. This one in particular has had over 80 various women from multi-faceted backgrounds pour into it. The features alone are really something to rave about. This Bible is loaded with them.

 I love all the latest features included in this Bible but I have a few favorites I would like to focus on. I love the book introductions at the beginning of each book. I like it because I love the background information that I may not know. such as who wrote the book, the literary characteristics, and the themes of each book. I'm a history buff so that probably plays into it, a little.

 Another great feature in this Bible is the detailed Biographical portraits of over 100 Biblical women. Amazing precision to detail should be noted here. I really like background information and learning even more about these fascinating women in the Bible. The editor and contributors researched thoroughly and it shows.

 The is a beautifully bound study Bible that could lasts for years to come. With so many features that you couldn't possibly go through them all in one sitting.

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment