Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Review: The Chapel Car Bride by:Judith Miller

 The Chapel Car Bride
About the Book:
Hope Irvine always sees the best in people. While traveling on the rails with her missionary father, she attracts the attention of a miner named Luke and a young mine manager. When Luke begins to suspect the manager is using Hope's missions of mercy as a cover for illegal activities, can he discover the truth without putting her in danger?

My Review:
 Hope just wants to do what God intends and live her life. she always tries to see the good in people the way the Lord intends but unfortunately for people will do you wrong and take advantage of kindness. I thought that the story line was pretty neat because the chapel is on a train car and they travel spreading the gospel.

 I loved the setting of the story. There are several television shows that remind me of the writer's story. As I read the book it reminded me a lot of those television stories. I really enjoy the story and the dynamic between Hope and Luke. I was already rooting for the two of them the moment Luke entered the picture. The best thing about Judith Miller's books is that God is woven throughout. Its just enough to keep my interested yet not too overdone.

 Another favorite was the community of people that Hope is involved with at the present moment. They are people that live in the back hills of Virginia so you can imagine these people are not very welcoming. I believe the author gave an accurate account of what these type of people are like. I feel that she thoroughly researched them and I really enjoyed her account.

 The book got off to a slow start and left me wondering here and there but overall and fantastic read!

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment