Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Review: Upon a Spring Breeze by:Kelly Irvin

 Upon a Spring Breeze (Every Amish Season #1)
About the Book:
After a devastating winter, a spring breeze promises more than new flowers.… It promises a new chance at love.

Bess Weaver, twenty and expecting her first child, is in the kitchen making stew for her beloved mann, Caleb, one minute, and the next she’s burying him after a tragic accident. Facing life as a young widow, Bess finds comfort only in tending the garden at an Englisch-owned bed and breakfast—even as she doubts that new growth could ever come after such a long winter.

Aidan tries to repress his guilt over his best friend Caleb’s death and his long-standing feelings for Bess by working harder than ever. But as he spends time with the young son his friend left behind, he seems to be growing closer to the boy’s beautiful mother as well.

When a close-knit group of widows in her Amish community step in to help Bess find her way back to hope, she begins to wonder if Gott has a future for her after all. Will she ever believe that life can still hold joy and the possibility of love?


My Review:
 I thought while I was reading, Upon a Spring Breeze how most Amish fiction almost always has a spouse that dies from tragic accident, whether its a buggy accident or a farm accident. I thought well maybe Amish life is not as simple as I think.

 Poor Bess is expecting her first child when her husband loses his life. Life is tough enough already and now she loses her love. I felt so sorry for her. She is a lot like me we love our flowers and this is something that God has provided in order for her to heal from Caleb's death. As soon as the baby is born it is soon evident that things are getting even harder for Bess but luckily for her Aidan steps in to help. But as he spends more and more time around Bess and the baby his feelings start to change for her.

 A great Amish read just in time for spring!

**Disclosure**This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment