Thursday, July 13, 2017

Litfuse Review: Hiding From the Kids in My Prayer Closet by:Jessica Kastner

 Hiding from the Kids in My Prayer Closet: Finding Grace and Laughter When Motherhood Gets Real
About the Book:
Soon after Jessica Kastner became a mother, she wondered if she was the only mom who found pretend play more boring than watching playdough harden and who dreaded yet another friend s Instagram post of homemade deliciousness.
In Hiding from My Kids in the Prayer Closet, Kastner shares her experience as an unmom a mom who loves her kids more than she loves the daily experience of mothering. She helps readers laugh at the ridiculous, delight in the unpredictable, and enjoy being the mothers God made them to be."


My Review:
 We have all been there. That place that seems to sneak up on us from behind. We have all these children all around us one is screaming and hasn't stopped all night long. The 5 year old has spilled his milk for the millionth time this morning, and the two tweens fighting and arguing over who can spin that annoying little toy faster and better. The phone is ringing and the washing machine is done. And all of this is going on all at the same time as the phone begins to ring.

 We all as moms have had many days like this one. I have a 19 year old, a 14 year old, a 12 year old, and a 7 year old and I still have days like this. Except as they get older the fighting is worse. Some days I just want to disappear. But if I do where will they get their guidance from? The world is where. And this momma ain't having that!

 In Jessica Kastner's book entitled, Hiding From the Kids in My Prayer Closet she reminds us where our strength comes from. She says instead of hiding and just praying they don't realize you're gone you need to pray. You need to pray for yourself and for them. Jessica shares from her heart and she shares the raw, the emotional, and the determined side of being a mom. The picture isn't always pretty and it definitely isn't always easy, but raising our babies into normal, happy adults is worth it, especially if we follow God's plan for them.

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment