Monday, July 31, 2017

Review: #Truth:365 Devotions for Teens Connecting Life and Faith by:Josh McDowell

 
About the Book:
Inspire. . . Challenge. . .  Fuel Your Faith.

This daily devotional from Josh McDowell unpacks spiritual truths that will inspire, challenge, and fuel your soul every day of the year--from January 1 to December 31.
Practical and relevant, each month of devotional readings shares a common theme—

January: THE TRUTH THAT GOD EXISTS
February: THE TRUTH ABOUT GOD'S WORD
March: THE TRUTH ABOUT ORIGINAL SIN
April: THE TRUTH ABOUT GOD BECOMING HUMAN
May: THE TRUTH ABOUT CHRIST'S ATONEMENT FOR SIN
June: THE TRUTH ABOUT JUSTIFICATION THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST
July: THE TRUTH ABOUT LIVING THE TRANSFORMED LIFE
August: THE TRUTH ABOUT JESUS' BODILY RESURRECTION
September: THE TRUTH ABOUT THE TRINITY
October: THE TRUTH ABOUT GOD'S KINGDOM
November: THE TRUTH ABOUT THE CHURCH
December: THE TRUTH ABOUT CHRIST'S RETURN.

Truth Is. . . 365 Youth Devotions Connecting Life and Faith will lead you to understand the truths of God and how living them out is beneficial in your everyday life.


My Review:
 Josh McDowell is and always will be a favorite in our home. I really enjoy his thoughts  on the apologetics subject and so I thought this devotional would be a good one for my teenagers. Turns out I was right. They enjoyed the feel of this devotional. It is a one on one approach. Which pretty much is how this author operates. My kids and myself like that type of approach. It felt as if he was talking directly to them about God and life in general. 

 The author chooses the shortest lesson possible which is good for my teenagers. They want to connect each day with Jesus but they are always in a hurry. But in my mind I'm just glad at least they settle down long enough for a little bit of Jesus. This devotional is good all year long. With 365 days worth of Jesus, your teen has the opportunity to go out in the world that day a world changer. They will be armed with a solid truth to share with humanity.

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment