Sunday, December 2, 2018

Review: My Heart Belongs In Gettysburg, Pennsylvania by:Murray Pura

 My Heart Belongs in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania: Clarissa's Conflict
**Disclosure**This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the publisher. All opinions are my own. 
 
About the Book:
When War Reaches Clarissa’s Back Door, the Trustworthy Become Even Fewer.
Journey into Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, of 1863 where Clarissa Avery Ross lives a full life. By day she is the daughter of a respectable shoemaker being courted by seminary student Kyle Forrester. But by night she is a conductor on the Underground Railroad, working with a mysterious man called Liberty. She would like to share her work with Kyle, but he refuses to enlist when the war breaks out. How can she remain true to a man being labeled a coward? When the war comes to her back door in an epic battle, the greatest challenges to her faith and love are yet to come.


My Review:
 The Civil War era is beyond fascinating it has so many twists and turns and exciting history behind it all it is no wonder that this famed author made such a masterpiece. Murray Pura is nothing short of miraculous. His words on written page speak to me and cause me to stop what I'm doing and sit and enjoy. He can make the words jump off the page and transport you to another time and place. 

 Clarrisa is a very busy girl her main goal is to see that every slave becomes free so she is leading a great life out in public for all to see while at night she is working with the Underground Railroad. I absolutely love her sass and her strong will to not let anything hold her back from what she believes in. I love reading about strong women and this book has exactly what it takes to be a best seller in that regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment