Thursday, January 10, 2019

Review: Woman of Courage by:Wanda E. Brunstetter

 Woman of Courage
About the Book:
Jilted by her fiancé, Amanda Pearson gives up on romance and turns to her Quaker faith for reassurance. She becomes determined to follow the Rev. and Mrs. Spalding into the western wilderness to minister to the Nez Percé Indians.

But a three-thousand-mile journey in 1837 is fraught with danger for anyone, and soon Amanda finds herself recovering from near death in a trapper's cabin. His Indian wife becomes Amanda's first convert--and friend. But the trapper and his intriguing half-Indian friend want nothing to do with Christians.

Buck McFadden has received nothing but pain from white men who claim Christ as their lord. He wants only to be left to his solitary life, but he can't seem to walk away from Amanda.

Amanda fears she'll never reach the mission in the Lapwai Valley. This journey has become life-changing for her--and those she meets--and the choices she must make are almost unbearable.


My Review:
 I absolutely love Amish fiction but when a typical Amish writer or author takes a step back and foes a novel in a completely direction I love to be the first on that list to read the next book that is different. I see it as a great opportunity, you may say thats a type of grading on the new book. And I guess in a way it is but when it comes to Wanda Brunstetter I will push you out of the way to get to that book-so with that being said lets get to the review.

 Many times, I know as a female myself when I'm licking my wounds I run to the Father, and Amanda does just that. We have to because He is the only one that can fix us and set us back upright. As soon as Amanda has recovered somewhat from a failed romance she decides it is best for her to find something else that interests her or spurs her on, if you will.

 So not too long on her current mission it seems that everything that can go wrong will go wrong. Poor Amanda seems to be getting the short end of the stick again, which isn't good. But played out like a Gold Rush era type movie Amanda seems to be making friends quite well. But she has a couple of people making it more than a little difficult for her. Along the way to the actually mission things sort of stall out and you worry as Amanda did--if she will even reach the mission field, at all.

 Soon enough that tinge of love starts to seep in and Amanda and Buck have to ask themselves some pretty hard questions about it all.

This being the collectors edition has a special surprise in the back of the book.

**Disclosure**This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the publisher. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment