Friday, March 22, 2019

Review: When I Pray for You by:Matthew Turner

 When I Pray for You
 Disclosure**This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the publisher. All opinions are my own.

About the Book:
From the author and illustrator of the best-selling When God Made You comes a new illuminating message about God's design affirming young readers.

With lyricism, whimsy, and heartfelt emotion, Matthew Paul Turner reveals the tender emotions connected with watching a beloved child grow up and experience the world. Paired with Kimberley Barnes's vivid and playful illustrations, When I Pray for You is a beautifully affirming book, in which children and parents will see their own stories come to life.

When I Pray for You celebrates the dreams, hopes, and longings parents pray over their children, and shares with the little ones how much care and concern a loved one feels for them.

This is a book you will read to your child again and again. Perfect for any occasion, as well as for milestones including baby showers, birthdays, and graduations.

From the moment I saw you,
I started to pray.
Big prayers and small ones
I have sent God's way.

I prayed you felt safe,
full of joy and content.
When I whispered "I love you,"
you knew what I meant.


My Review:
 I was just thinking today, how naive my husband and I were as we planned out our little family. We were enamored with the prospect of having a tiny army of our own. But now, as parents of a 21, 16, 13, and 8 yr old--I'm here to tell you that this parenting gig is tough. Now, that our kids are older we see more harder days than easy ones. Each day God is trying to show us that we need to allow them to go on their merry way so He can save them instead of us, all the time. So many days as a mom, I feel very defeated and longing for the days that they were babies.

 This book had me in tears and I'm not afraid to say it. It reminded me of all those prayers that God heard from my mouth, soul, and heart as these sweet little souls develop into the people that they are now becoming. The prayers for them have gotten pretty intense, as of late and I'm sure it will stay that way for awhile. Many times we have wanted to give up because it gets really hard at times to keep them on a straight path. We wonder if they even realize how much they mean to us, as I'm sure God does from time to time.

 This book is a touching one that is perfect for first time parents. The adventures that their kiddos will take them on is truly beyond their own realm of thinking. Kids have a way of doing that.

This book is available at this link if you want to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment