Monday, August 26, 2019

Review: Dear Grandchild, This is Me by:Waterbrook

 Dear Grandchild, This Is Me
**Disclosure**This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the publisher. All opinions are my own.

About the Book:
Preserving a family legacy can feel like a daunting task, but this new keepsake journal makes it easy for grandparents to capture memories, wisdom, and stories in one beautiful package.

Being a grandparent is an incredibly rewarding experience. Dear Grandchild, This Is Me--designed for any grandmother or grandfather to complete--will allow grandparents to collect these priceless memories in one heartfelt keepsake.

Special Features:
* Built-in envelopes to stash special, private letters for specific occasions in your grandchild's future.
* A sheet of adhesive photo corners to adhere photographs and special memories throughout.
* Off-the-record questions to prompt fun stories.
* A family tree to track your ancestry.
* Space to share your favorite recipes, or those passed through the generations.
* A world map to showcase your travels.

Within these pages you'll find a place to answer questions that speak to a grandchild of any age from the simple questions about favorite things to deeper questions about childhood memories, identity, and faith. This book will be a tangible way to keep a loved one close at all times.


My Review:
 Did you ever want to know everything possible about your family, but never quite got around to it? Or maybe they passed on before you had the chance to gain all you could from a lifetime well spent? I never knew my dads parents. They knew about me and my grandfather spend time with me before he passed, but he died before I was able to know him. My mothers parents lived to see me grow up but, sadly I feel we ran out of time. I had a lot of questions and still do that will never be answered.

 I feel the sting of that, every day. So when I seen this book, I just knew I had to get it and review and try it for myself. Not that I had an amazing life, but I want my grandchildren to know me a little better. So this product seems to fit the bill.

 Upon opening the book it looks like an ordinary bound book but as you look through the pages you start to see a pattern for your grandbabies to follow that makes it a little different. The book starts from the beginning of your life and gives you space to write what you want to convey. From where you were born to what color your eyes were when you were born. It even asks about my parents and my heritage.

 There is a place for photos, throughout the book. The book then goes on to highlight what you did after high school, defining moments in your life, and the starts of wedded bliss. Not only does this book cover your own family history and legacy it goes on to ask about current even during your life. so it really covers, a lot. There are also envelopes pasted in the book for mementos.

 This book will help me out tons to create something tangible for my grandchildren to hold on to. This is a great gift for Grandparents Day which is in early September and right around the corner.

 A great gift idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment