Monday, January 13, 2020

Review: Still: 7 Ways to Find Calm in the Chaos by:Donnelly




Still: 7 Ways to Find Calm in the Chaos
**Disclosure**This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author. All opinions are my own.

About the Book:
Do you worry a lot? Is it common for you to dread upcoming events? Does pressure or stress trigger outbursts of anger, isolation, depression, or feelings of failure? Do you have a hard time finishing what you start? Do you find it impossible to work in the middle of chaos? Do you wonder if God is really going to come through for you in difficult times?

In Still, Jenny Donnelly teaches you how to experience true, life-giving rest even in the midst of chaos. While most of us think of rest as something we do, Jenny shares how rest is a place from which we live and work. Sharing her own personal story of struggling with life's pressures and spiritual exhaustion, she introduces you to the source of peace and rest: Jesus. She shows you the steps to take to access rest anytime, anyplace, under any conditions. And she reveals how operating from a place of stillness powers your identity, creativity, relationships, and so much more.

If you've been stressed and anxious, operating on autopilot as life whizzes by, it's time you discovered the resting place God designed for you.


My Review:
 I have always been a worrier. As a child, I would get tummy aches worried about if my parents could pay the phone bills. I grew up not 'dirt poor" but extremely close to it. I have carried that anxiety and worry over into adulthood. I have several diagnosis' that coincide with a worrier. So to say its deep in my bones would be an understatement. I would say that is who I am. Jesus is trying to teach me every day to not be so quick to react out of my fear.

 Because worry and fear are basically the same coin only they have two different sides. Sometimes, I succeed and sometimes I don't. But God has never left my side even in my fear and worry and He has assured me that He never will. He is my constant and the ONLY thing I can count on in this life. I know that to my core.

 Fear and worry can quickly transpire over into the spiritual side of us. Very commonly, we are saying that we don't trust God with our fears so to work through these things are incredibly difficult. But the great thing about God is He made us so He knows how we work and how we think. He never gives up on us even in the midst of doubt and fear.

 The author of Still, comes along beside us and shows us how easy it is to be still and let God work these things out. He has come to my side many times and said, "Hey, why are you worried about this?" "Its not going to happen like you think it is." And He will be right. Its hard to trust anyone but God tells us in His word that if we just let Him carry our burdens.

 Worry, anxiety and fear are always going to be a part of me but with God by my side, He will show me the navigation plan to keep the sky blue and clear when it all seems so cloudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment