Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Review: Facing the Dawn by:Cynthia Ruchti

 Facing the Dawn

Disclosure**This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the publisher. All opinions are my own.

About the Book:

Mara Jacobs does her best to hold everything together, despite three detention-prone kids, an unrewarding job, never-ending chores, and a husband thousands of miles away. After a shocking loss, she must lean on those around her to find her way to healing and renewed faith.

My Review:

 Mara is a girl after my own heart. She is constantly in contact with her Christian walk. The things she does where she is always second guessing her behavior based on what God would expect of her is me made over. This book only took me minutes to be drawn into. A great book and story that really picked me up and dropped me on my head.

 It was really interesting to see how all the different struggles that Mara has and how she plows right through them. I myself have that feeling of loneliness and balancing the world on my shoulders. It is a very lonely place to be. 

 Then when the unthinkable happens she is shaken to her core. Thankfully her children recognize that their "rock" is crumbling so that stand by her side to pick up the pieces. 

An absolute terrific story that really struck home to me in numerous ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment