Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Review: The Sleuth of Blackfriars Lane by:M Griep

 

About the Book:

Wife. Mother. Homemaker. Detective. Kit Forge wears many hats, and if that’s not enough, she’s partnered with her father to open a new detective agency. It’s hard to be all things to all people, but Kit never shies away from the impossible. Despite her hard work and good intentions, some things fall through the cracks.   Namely, her husband.   But Jackson barely notices. He’s too busy putting out his own fires. As the new chief inspector of a busy London station, he must salvage the disaster left behind by the former police chief—an obstacle made all the harder when the superintendent breathes an ultimatum down his neck.   Against her father’s advice, Kit takes on a case involving a missing child, one in which she and Jackson become a little too emotionally involved. . .and end up endangering their own little girl in the process.   Can Kit and Jackson learn that just because they can say yes doesn’t mean they should? 

My Review:

 I like the father daughter duo. I liked the back and forth. They seem like they are really good literary characters but they would be perfect in TV Land, as well. The story had somewhat of a slow start but finished reasonably well. i like the small town happenings, so it did peak my interest quite a bit as it went on.

  There are three books in this series. I have now read only two. In my opinion, you should read all three to get a feel for the characters. Kit is a spitfire,. While Jackson, her husband is more docile and all about business. but they make the perfect combo!

 I did like the series, but it did seem to drone on at times. Still a decent end to a great group of characters and their stories.

**Disclosure**This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the publisher. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment