Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Review: Kit and the Missing Notebook by: Wheeler

 

About the Book:

 Join Kit as she learns a lesson about overcoming anxiety and makes some new friends—and some delicious soup!—along the way. As kids get to know this little kangaroo with big feelings, they will discover how they can manage their own stress and new experiences in a healthy, positive manner. When Kit’s family moves to Cozy Lane, she feels anxious. Exploring the neighborhood with her notebook where she writes everything down makes her feel a little better. But when her notebook goes missing, not even her new hamster friends can help her calm down. Then Mrs. G., the guinea pig next door, has an idea. They all make soup together, and as Kit breathes in the smell and breathes out to cool it, she finds herself feeling calmer. She even realizes her notebook isn’t as lost as she thought! Kit and the Missing Notebook uses a fun and relatable character to teach children ages 4-8: For parents and educators, Kit and the Missing Notebook also includes an author’s note with information about anxiety, managing emotions with kids, and a delicious soup recipe!


My Review:

 I have had anxiety issues since I was a very young child and this anxiety has been my constant companion throughout my life. I now see signs of it in my children which devastates me. I never wanted them to experience a lot of the things that I have, especially this. Anxiety is very tricky. You think you are fine in a situation and you soon see that you are worrying and incredibly anxious. And until you become active in the issue--you wont feel any better.

 Poor Kit feels this come over her as she loses her prized notebook. This notebook stays by her side always because she writes everything that happens to her or around her down. This is something that brings her comfort and calm in her very anxious world.

 Soon Ms G helps her to see that when we just step back and calm down things feel a lot better.

A very sweet loving story!

**Disclosure**This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the publisher. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment