Monday, April 9, 2012

Review:When Work & Family Collide By Andy Stanley

This book was a good short read. I finished it in no time. The author tries in a sense to help all of us whether we work outside the home or at home to understand how and why we should put family first.
Taken from the book”Let’s face it. With all the demands of the workplace and all the details of a family it’s only a matter of time before one bumps into the other. And many of us end up cheating our families when the commitments of both collide. In this practical book, Andy Stanley will help you:
1)Establish priorities and boundaries to protect what you value most.
2)Learn the difference between saying your family is your priority and actually making them your priority.
3)Discover tested strategies for easing tensions at home and at work.
Watch as this powerful book transforms your life from time-crunching craziness to life-changing success.
I’m a stay at home mom and i homeschool my children the last thing I want to hear my spouse say is,”Honey, I’m going to have stay at work longer than what I expected.” I love hime but after awhile of hearing sibling craziness all day and dealing with a toddler that can’t stop crying. I need him home to restore some normalacy. I really liked the book and glad Andy Stanley wrote it,it is something we all need in this day and time.
If you are in the same boat and wondering how you and your significant other could possibly obtain this. Then this is the book for you. This book shows you how God works into the whole equation and how he wants the family restored as much as the both of you do. And to top it all off the author put some discussion questions in to help with the whole transition.
This book was provided to me for free for my honest review through the Blogging for Books program. Here is the link:
http://www.waterbrookmultnomah.com/bloggingforbooks/
You can buy this book now:
http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/catalog.php?isbn=9781601420732

No comments:

Post a Comment