Thursday, May 15, 2014

Review: I Quit Sugar:Your Complete 8-week Detox Program&Cookbook by:Sarah Wilson

 I Quit Sugar: Your Complete 8-Week Detox Program and Cookbook
About the Book:
Sarah Wilson thought of herself as a relatively healthy eater. She didn't realize how much sugar was hidden in her diet, or how much it was affecting her well-being. When she learned that her sugar consumption could be the source of a lifetime of mood swings, fluctuating weight, sleep problems, and thyroid disease, she knew she had to make a change.

What started as an experiment to eliminate sugar--both the obvious and the hidden kinds--soon became a way of life, and now Sarah shows you how you can quit sugar too:

* follow a flexible and very doable 8-week plan
* overcome cravings
* make food you're excited to eat with these 108 recipes for detox meals, savory snacks, and sweet treats from Sarah Wilson and contributors including Gwyneth Paltrow, Curtis Stone, Dr. Robert Lustig (The Fat Chance Cookbook), Sarma Melngailis (Raw Food/ Real World), Joe "the Juicer" Cross, and Angela Liddon (Oh She Glows)


My Review:
 I love sugar! But it is the ever present devil on my shoulder. I have had really bad things begin to happen to my body after continuing to eat the way I always have, along with the fact I was getting older. I have arthritis in my back and hip, as a result when I eat anything containing sugar my joints become so badly inflamed that they are stiff and very painful. It didn't take me long to realize that there was a connection. So I was off on my trek to find out how I will be able to work this idea of no sugar into my already active lifestyle, because lets face it, its not easy let alone affordable.

 When I found this book I had already given up sugar, but I was so very interested in the "detox" part of the program mainly because it is very hard not to give into those cravings because giving in will wreck the whole process. The author shows you how much hidden sugars or even foods we wouldn't count as sugar are in fact full of sugar, even if it is "fruit" sugar. Sugar is in alot of everyday foods that you would consider safe. she also shows you how to get the sugar out of your system based on an 8 week detox program. Along with some yummy recipes to aid you in your journey.

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the Blogging for Books Blogger review program.

No comments:

Post a Comment