Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Review: How to Love Your Neighbor Without Being Weird by:Amy Lively

How to Love Your Neighbor Without Being Weird
About the Book:
A Woman's Guide to Sharing Her Faith While Making New Friends
Many women are comfortable hanging out at church but also long for a spiritual connection to their community. Amy Lively shows you how to love those strangers next door even when you're fearful. She writes from her experience, saying, "I've knocked on hundreds of doors. Every time I invite my neighbors for coffee I learn something new." This book is a candid compilation of her mistakes (yes) and gives God the glory for successes.
You'll find hands-on tools and ideas that will help you share the Gospel, explore how to use social media to form real-life relationships, and give you the courage to take the first step of faith to reach out to that neighbor whose name you don't yet know.


My Review:
 One of God's greatest commands is to love thy neighbor. sounds simple enough until it's time to actually do it. How many times have you actually had a stirring to do something nice for someone only to give way to fear and back out at the last minute? What will they think of me? Do I actually have time to invest in these people? Aren't they going to reject me if I try to share the love of Jesus Christ with them? All of these thoughts and many more run amuck in our minds and many times they are what hold us back from doing anything worthwhile for Christ. It is sad to want to do more but we are often held back from doing so because of our fear.

 Author, Amy Lively has went to many neighbors and she shares how her successes and even her failures can still be helpful, because after all she is doing it for Him. And He just wants us to be obedient and share with others. She shares how to get past those fears without being taken the wrong way. I love this book and its premise! We need more books like these, to help those of us who would like to step out of our comfort zones but really don't know how.

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from Bethany House.

No comments:

Post a Comment