Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Review: Murder Freshly Baked by:Vannetta Chapman

Murder Freshly Baked
About the Book:
"When delicious baked goods become lethal, it's time to find a killer. Kindness is a virtue Meanness is a sin Better watch your bakery pies For poison I've slipped in"

The Amish Artisan Village in Middlebury, Indiana, has been decorated with every color of balloon and flower for the Race for a Cure. As manager of the Village, Amber Bowman is thrilled to see the turnout--and relieved to have something to distract her from the "Poison Poet"--an individual who has been sending notes containing bad poetry to warn of poisoned baked goods.

Then Ryan Duvall crosses the finish line of the race--and falls down dead, murdered in broad daylight. But who did it? And why? The police suspect Preston Johnston, but Amber refuses to believe her employee could do such a thing.

Amber once again looks to her young Amish friend Hannah Troyer to help her find the killer--and to determine if it's the same person leaving the cryptic poems and pies. Can they help the police before the Poison Poet strikes again? Both Amber and Hannah will need to draw on their faith as they fight to preserve the peaceful community they've built at the Amish Artisan Village.

My Review:
 Everyone loves a good mystery, including me. I will be the first to tell you that Vannetta Chapman is a good writer all around, but it takes a special writer to be able to hold our attention when we are reading mysteries. I really don't think and this is my personal opinion, that just anyone can write mysteries. Vannetta can deliver! Murder Freshly Baked is the third book in the series and I have read the first two and they were equally brilliant and utterly fascinating!

 I have always wanted to operate a bakery. I love, love, love to bake and this would be my ultimate dream. Amber Bowman learns all too quickly that not everyone has her best interests at heart, so when the Race for the Cure comes up she is happily immerses herself, thankful for the distraction. It not long after the race begins that someone is murdered and whats so strange is, is that it is done in broad daylight. Amber is sure to be on the right track in no time because she gets her Amish friend to help find the murderer. I mean how can they go wrong when they join their amateur sleuth skills and track down the "Poison Poet" before he or she strikes again?

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment