Great dads raise happier, healthier, more successful kids
But how do men go about being that great dad? Fathering expert Rick Johnson offers ten practical strategies to help men become the dads they want to be, including
· helping their kids find the humor in life
· surrounding their family with healthy friends and role models
· communicating clearly with their children
· helping their kids develop self-esteem and respect for others
· being a gatekeeper when it comes to their kids’ social circle
· setting reachable goals for themselves and their children
· and more
Dads get a rough go of it especially these days. Most children would rather play video games than spend time with one or both of their parents. So what is a dad to do? The author Rick Johnson offers 10 little ditties to help a so-so dad become a great one!
To begin with, a dad and his wife need to gauge the health of their family and make amends or needed changes first. I think the one thing that I agree with the most is the point that the author makes about laughter. I wholeheartedly agree on that and I would even go as far to say that the dad always in most situations names the temperature, if you will of the family.
If Dad is on board with things, our children's attitudes seem to go more smoothly especially is available and involved. I know in our household that is definitely true. This book is great for first time dads and veteran dads. A great gift idea!
**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from Revell.