Thursday, November 12, 2015

Review: My Christmas Stocking by:Crystal Bowman

My Christmas Stocking: Filled with God's Love
About the Book:
Hanging Christmas stockings has become a holiday tradition. But where did that custom come from? It all began with a kind-hearted, God-loving man! Through charming couplets, author Crystal Bowman takes us back in time to the origins of the Christmas stocking tradition. Children and adults alike will smile with delight as they learn why and how this custom came about. Die-cut in the shape of a Christmas stocking, My Christmas Stocking helps put gift-giving in perspective. Parents, grandparents, and preschool teachers will find this lovely story a joy to read many times over.

My Review:
 It's interesting what you learn as you get older. I'm not sure I was ever taught where the tradition of hanging stockings came from. But now my children as well as myself will know it came from Saint Nicholas long, long ago. It all began when he wanted to show everyone God's love and to remind them of the gift He sent. So this year when you and your children are hanging the stockings, you can take out this sweet, board book and explain to them how it all began. 

Perfect gift idea for ages 4-8.

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment