Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Litfuse Review: My Father's House by:Rose Chandler Johnson

 My Father's House
About the Book:
 My Father's House is at once a sweet romance and a page-turning thriller." --Ann Tatlock, award-winning novelist. Growing up, life is idyllic for Lily Rose Cates due to one constant - her father's love. But in her sixteenth summer, all that changes without warning. There begins Lily's struggle to find herself and the life she's lost. . . . Marriage promises fulfillment, but her happily-ever-after barely survives the honeymoon. Her husband's sophisticated facade hides a brooding man with even darker secrets. When all illusions shatter, Lily must make hard choices - abandon her husband or risk losing much more than her marriage. 

She flees their home in Detroit and sets out on a fearful journey to a house in Georgia that her husband knows nothing about. This is one woman's compelling tale of love and survival as she finds her way back home to who she's meant to be . . . in her father's house. ..".had it not been for Annie Ruth, I would have ended up right there rocking on the front porch beside Mama. Annie Ruth took care of me. She and Mr. John drove up in his dusty pickup truck every morning at six o'clock. She got out and came in, bringing her life and soul into the house...We were her cherished charges, and I was like her own."

My Review:
Lily Rose Cates knew she wasn’t her mother’s favorite, of course everyone knew it was her younger brother. But when her brother moves off and gets married her mom is distraught. And the only source of happiness for Lily is her loving father. But that too changes when her father dies of a heart attack when Lily was just sixteen years old.

Her life seems to have forever changed the day he died. She has the hardest time finding happiness, so when she meets Manuel Valenti she believes her life is finally looking up. They soon marry and move to Detroit, all seems happy. But little does she know that her new husband has a few secrets to hide.

Lily must find herself and what she needs to move on. Now if Manuel is suppose to be in her lie, that’s something for her to decide.

My Father’s House was a wonderful book. This book had me stuck the moment I started reading it. I loved reading this book and hope to read many more from this author real soon.

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment