Friday, May 26, 2017

Review: Barbara and Susan's Guide to the Empty Nest by:B. Rainey/S. Yates

 Barbara and Susan's Guide to the Empty Nest: Discovering New Purpose, Passion, and Your Next Great Adventure
About the Book:
Although "Mom" is a lifelong role, the job description changes significantly when the kids are grown. At this stage, you may find yourself asking: "Who am I now? How will my marriage be affected? Where am I needed? "With practical advice and biblical guidance, let Barbara and Susan help you redefine your role in life and thrive in this new adventure!


My Review:
 The empty nest is no joke! I have been starting to see a shift in my own family with my oldest branching out on her own. It won't be long before all the kids are out of the house. It is lonely road to go down. The "I am no longer needed" pit is usually the pit I find myself in. As I am most of the time. If we aren't careful we could give up on our entire marriage because of the amount of focus we put on the fact that are children have moved out and gown up and have things to do with their lives.

 This is where Barbara and Susan  come in. Their recently revised and updated book, Barbara and Susan's Guide to the Empty Nest is extremely helpful and informative. These ladies have been down this road and they know it all too well. They can meet us where we are at and we can get through this season with this fantastic read and God's guiding hand.

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment