Monday, July 24, 2017

Review: My Heart Belongs on Mackinac Island by:Carrie Fancett Pagels

 My Heart Belongs on Mackinac Island: Maude’s Mooring
About the Book:
Moor your heart on Mackinac Island along with resident sweetheart Maude Welling, an heiress trying to prove her worth by working incognito as a maid at the Grand Hotel. Meet Ben Steffans, a journalist posing as a wealthy industrialist who has come to the island to uncover a story about impoverished men pursuing heiresses at the famed hotel. Will a growing love between Maude and Ben be scuttled when truths are revealed in this Gilded Age romance?

My Review:
 Mackinac Island sounds like a lovely place full of opportunity and romance if the need arises. Maude Welling knows this all to well.Maude has so many things going on in her life that its hard for her to discern what all she will have to do to accomplish her place as rightful heir. She has been refused because of the fact she is unmarried so if you thought your day was going bad you haven't seen anything until you have read her story.

 Maude seems like she is minding her own business trying to find an answer to all of her problems when in walk Ben Steffans the journalist with a purpose. He is there trying to uncover a story that very much seems Maude will be a part of. Ben and Maude seem drawn to each other but why. He has to get down to the bottom of this and find out why the beautiful Maude is involved in the first place.

 I liked the book,  My Heart Belongs on Mackinac Island but many times it felt like it was all over the place and was hard to follow. I feel that it does have the feel of a good romance, though. So don't give up on this one, just yet. I liked Maude's character the best but I felt sorry for her plight.

**Disclosure** This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the author. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment